It pays to volunteer

jonnyd

It pays to volunteer

Postby jonnyd » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:51 pm

My SCCA membership and licenses are up for renewal this month. SCCA has a Club Racing Volunteer Incentive Program where you can get a credit of $15, $22 or $30 toward your renewal.

You can fill out a form or go online to do this. I did it online where you enter in the dates you worked and select the events.
4 days - $15
6 days - $22
8 days - $30
12 or more - $30, recognition in SportsCar and special ID card (according to the form)

I worked 9 days so far this year. We have the upcoming SIC and Track Trials but I don't think I will get 12 this year. Maybe that can be applied for next year.

Jonathan

jonnyd

Postby jonnyd » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:33 pm

Update: I got my membership/license last week but ended up sending the renewal forms and check by USPS.

While you can update your Club Racing information online, there is nothing for doing your Solo Safety Stewards/Instructors license. :x Had to send the Solo renewal form in.

Did notice there is no place for a signature.:? Anyway, I'm good for Sept 2009!

Jonathan

turtleherder

AND ...

Postby turtleherder » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:06 pm

In addition to the incentives offered by SCCA, the Buccaneer Region also offers a reason to volunteer.

For several years, the region has refunded the annual membership fees of Buccaneer Region members who volunteer and work four region sponsored sanctioned club racing events at Roebling Road. This program is continued for 2009, and to qualify, enter your events worked into the SCCA web page and submit a printed copy of that log to the treasurer along with a copy of your license and renewal payment verification(copy of your check or your transaction log from the SCCA web site).

You'll receive a check for your portion of your annual membership (national and regional) fee. You must be a member of the Buccaneer Region to qualify. As always, preregistering at dlbracing.com is appreciated from our volunteers.
Mark Eversoll
Buccaneer Region Member
National Steward/National F&C/Chief Turtleherder

Return to “Membership Information”